Expert Oracle exadata /
Throughout history, advances in technology have come in spurts. A single great idea can often spur rapid change as the idea takes hold and is propagated, often in totally unexpected directions. Exadata embodies such a change in how we think about and manage relational databases. The key change lies...
New York :
|Series:||Expert's voice in Oracle.
- Title Page; Copyright Page; Contents at a Glance; Table of Contents; About the Author; About the Technical Reviewer; Acknowledgments; Introduction; The Intended Audience; How We Came to Write This Book; A Moving Target; Thanks to the Unofficial Editors; Who Wrote That?; Online Resources; A Note on "Kevin Says"; How We Tested; Schemas and Tables; Good Luck; CHAPTER 1 What Is Exadata?; An Overview of Exadata; History of Exadata; Alternative Views of What Exadata Is; Data Warehouse Appliance; OLTP Machine; Consolidation Platform; Configuration Options; Exadata Database Machine X2-2.
- Exadata Database Machine X2-8Upgrades; Hardware Components; Operating Systems; Database Servers'; InfiniBand; Flash Cache; Disks; Bits and Pieces; Software Components; Database Server Software; Storage Server Software; Software Architecture; Summary; CHAPTER 2 Offloading / Smart Scan; Why Offloading Is Important; What Offloading Includes; Column Projection; Predicate Filtering; Storage Indexes; Simple Joins (Bloom Filters); Function Offloading; Compression/Decompression; Encryption/Decryption; Virtual Columns; Data Mining Model Scoring; Non-Smart Scan Offloading; Smart File Creation.
- RMAN Incremental BackupsRMAN Restores; Smart Scan Prerequisites; Full Scans; Direct Path Reads; Exadata Storage; Smart Scan Disablers; Simply Unavailable; Reverting to Block Shipping; Skipping Some Offloading; How to Verify That Smart Scan is Happening; 10046 Trace; Performance Statistics (vsessstat); Offload Eligible Bytes; SQL Monitoring; Parameters; Summary; CHAPTER 3 Hybrid Columnar Compression; Oracle Storage Review; Oracle Compression Mechanisms; BASIC; OLTP; HCC; HCC Mechanics; HCC Performance; Load Performance; Query Performance; DML Performance; Expected Compression Ratios.
- Compression AdvisorReal World Examples; Custom Application Data; Telecom Call Detail Data; Financial Data; Retail Sales Data; Summary of the Real World Examples; Restrictions/Challenges; Moving Data to a non-Exadata Platform; Disabling Serial Direct Path Reads; Locking Issues; Single Row Access; Common Usage Scenarios; Summary; CHAPTER 4 Storage Indexes; Structure; Monitoring Storage Indexes; Database Statistics; Tracing; Monitoring Wrap Up; Controlling Storage Indexes; _kcfis_storageidx_disabled; _kcfis_storageidx_diag_mode; _cell_storidx_mode; Storage Software Parameters; Behavior.
- PerformanceSpecial Optimization for Nulls; Physical Distribution of Values; Potential Issues; Incorrect Results; Moving Target; Partition Size; Incompatible Coding Techniques; Summary; CHAPTER 5 Exadata Smart Flash Cache; Hardware; Cache vs. Flash Disk; Using Flash Memory as Cache; How ESFC is Created; Controlling ESFC Usage; Monitoring; At the Storage Layer; At the Database Layer; Performance; Summary; CHAPTER 6 Exadata Parallel Operations; Parameters; Parallelization at the Storage Tier; Auto DOP; Operation and Configuration; I/O Calibration; Auto DOP Wrap Up; Parallel Statement Queuing.