Applied WPF 4 in context /
Applied WPF 4 in Context sets the standard for leveraging the latest Windows user interface technology in your business applications. Using this book, you'll learn how to implement world-class Windows Professional Foundation (WPF)¡solutions in a real-world line of business applications, develop...
[Berkeley, CA] :
|Series:||Expert's voice in .NET.
- Title Page; Copyright Page; Dedication; Contents at a Glance; Table of Contents; About the Author; About the Technical Reviewer; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Chapter 1: Introducing WPF and XAML; The XAML Syntax; Namespaces and Root Elements; Objects and Common Elements; The Code Behind; Attached Properties; Introduction to WPF; WPF Architecture; WPF 4 Tools; Summary; Chapter 2: Sample Application: Overview and Getting Started; Requirements; Tools and Software; Icons and Templates; Third-Party Library and Control; Application Overview; Application Architecture; User Stories; Domain Model.
- Database SchemaApplication Configuration; Visual Studio Solution; Resources and Third-Party Components; Summary; Chapter 3: Microsoft Expression Blend; Overview; Blend Workspace; Workspace Panels; Drawing; Shapes and Objects; Text and Text Effects; Animations; Styling and Templating Controls; Modifying Properties; Creating Styles; Design-Time Data; SketchFlow and the Mockups; Summary; Chapter 4: Creating the Views; Overview; Creating a Mock-up and Prototyping; The Main Screen; The List Views; The Details Views; The View Models; Base ViewModel Implementation; Details ViewModel; List ViewModel.
- Navigation Between the ViewsThe App.xaml File; Wrapping Up with IoC; Inversion of Control; A Classic Implementation, Navigation Service; Summary; Chapter 5: Adding Controls to the Views; Resources and Styles; Differences Between Static and Dynamic Resources; The Resource Dictionary; Controls' Styles; Creating the Views; Login View; Details View; List View; User Controls for the Dashboard; The Dashboard (Main View); Add Features to the Application; Custom Effecsts; Summary; Chapter 6: The Entity Framework; Object Relational Mappers; Active Record Pattern; Code First Development.
- The TimeTracker DomainMapping the Domain Model; The TimeTracker Data Layer; The Unit of Work; The Repository; Summary; Chapter 7: Data Binding; WPF Data Binding Engine; The INotifyPropertyChanged Interface; Binding Direction; The IValueConverter Interface; DataTemplate; UI Validation; Binding Syntax; ViewModels; A Generic ViewModel Validator; Employee Viewmodels; Additional ViewModels and Properties; Summary; Chapter 8: Command Handling and Event Routing; Introduction to Commands; The Command Pattern; Command in WPF; Interactive Command, Listen for Changes; TimeTracker Commands.
- The EmployeeListViewSummary; Chapter 9: Testing with TDD; Test Driven Development; Code Coverage; TDD with MSTest; Code Coverage with Visual Studio; TDD: the TimeTracker Application; Test the Business (Domain) Layer; Testing the Data Layer; Testing the UI; Summary; Chapter 10: Reports with Microsoft Reporting Services; SQL Server Reporting Services; Configure SQL Server Reporting Services; TimeTracker Reports; First Report: EmployeeListReport; EmployeeDetailsReport; Additional Reports; Hosting the Reports in a WPF Control; Display the Report in a WPF View; Load a List of Employees Report.