Pope Francis and the search for God in América : the significance of his early visits to the Americas /
"This volume offers analyses from experts looking back to the Argentine pontiff's first visits to the Americas as a help for understanding the present reality of the Church in the Western Hemisphere. The group includes theologians, historians, and political scientists, and the unique contr...
Washington, DC :
The Catholic University of America,
- Introduction : Pope Francis in América: a south-north encounter / Peter J. Casarella
- The Pope and the patria grande: how Francis promotes Latin America's continental destiny / Austen Ivereigh
- The role of the poor and the suffering in the Christology and theodicy of Pope Francis: the theology of the Aparecida document / Sixto García
- "We finally have a pope on the side of the poor" / Ana María Bidegain
- Pope Francis and popular movements in Latin America / Paulo Fernando Carneiro de Andrade
- Whisper to those in despair: "the best wine is yet to come": memory, hope and resistance / Luis Herrera Rodríguez, SJ
- The presence of God in the experience of the Amerindian peoples: a reading of Pope Francis's speeches in America / Roberto Tomichá Charupá
- The first American pope / William L. Portier
- A century of mercy: the Catholic Church and immigration along the U.S.-Mexico border / Julia G. Young
- Pope Francis and Latino communities in the U.S.: spiritual empowerment in the Americas through language / Luis Ricardo Fraga, Kiku Huckle
- Clericalism: a neuraligic point for church reform / Allan Figueroa Deck
- Francis and the witnesses of America / Maria Clara Lucchetti Bingemer.