Theoretical scholarship and applied practice /
Academics across the globe are being urged by universities and research councils to do research that impacts the world beyond academia. Yet to date there has been very little reflection amongst scholars and practitioners in these fields concerning the relationship between the theoretical and engaged...
New York :
|Series:||Studies in Public and Applied Anthropology Ser.
Table of Contents:
- Half-title; Series page; Title page; Imprint; Contents; List of Illustrations; Acknowledgements; Part I: Theoretical Scholarship and Applied Practice
- Opportunities, Ethics and Entanglements; Introduction: Theoretical Scholarship and Applied Practice
- Opportunities and Challenges of Working in the In-between; Chapter 1: Ethics in an Uncertain World
- Between Theory and Practice; Part II: Making Contact and Making Sense; Chapter 2: Workshops as Nodes of Knowledge Co-production
- Beyond Ideas of Automagical Synergies.
- Chapter 3: The Conversation Analytic Role-play Method
- Simultaneous Endogenous Impact and Interactional NudgesChapter 4: Making Theory, Making Interventions
- Doing Applied Scholarship at the In-between in Safety Research; Part III: Working in Interdisciplinary Teams; Chapter 5: From Emplaced Knowing to Interdisciplinary Knowledge
- Sensory Ethnography in Energy Research; Chapter 6: Working across Disciplines
- Using Visual Methods in Participatory Frameworks; Part IV: Letting Go and Moving Forward.
- Chapter 7: How to Gain Traction
- From Theoretical Scholarship to Applied Outcomes in Energy Demand and Housing ResearchChapter 8: The Social Life of HOMAGO; Chapter 9: Entanglements
- Issues in Applied Research and Theoretical Scholarship; Part V: Afterword; Afterword: The Deep Dynamics of the In-between; Index.