The Republic in danger : Drusus Libo and the succession of Tiberius /
The volume proposes a new model for understanding the end of Augustus' reign and the succession of Tiberius in the years 6 BC to AD 16. Focusing on Drusus Libo's role in an alliance between the enemies of Tiberius, Pettinger offers a comprehensive analysis of the struggle between Tiberius...
Oxford University Press,
- An Urgent Summons and a Terrible Charge
- The Treatment of an Enemy
- The Adoption of Agrippa Postumus and the Friends of Gaius Caesar
- Growing Pains
- The Buck Stops Where?
- Augustus Final Arrangements
- The exiles of the younger Julia, D. Junius Silanus, and Ovid
- Novus Principatus: an Imperial Co-operative
- The Hesitation of Tiberius
- "Did You Hear About Agrippa?"
- Germanicus: Successor to Tiberius or Augustus?
- Alternative Government.