A theory of literate action : literate action volume 2 /
"The second in a two-volume set, A Theory of Literate Action draws on work from the social sciences--and in particular sociocultural psychology, phenomenological sociology, and the pragmatic tradition of social science--to "reconceive rhetoric fundamentally around the problems of written c...
Fort Collins, Colorado ; Anderson, South Carolina :
The WAC Clearinghouse : Parlor Press,
|Series:||Perspectives on writing (Fort Collins, Colo.)
Open Textbook Library.
- Chapter 1. The Symbolic Animal and the Cultural Transformation of Nature
- Chapter 2. Symbolic Selves in Society: Vygotsky on Language and Formation of the Social Mind
- Chapter 3. Active Social Symbolic Selves: Vygotskian Traditions
- Chapter 4. Active Social Symbolic Selves: The Phenomenological Sociology Tradition
- Chapter 5. Active Social Symbolic Selves: The Pragmatic Tradition within American Social Science
- Chapter 6. Social Order: Structural and Structurational Sociology
- Chapter 7. From the Interaction Order to Shared Meanings
- Chapter 8. Linguistic Orders
- Chapter 9. Utterances and Their Meanings
- Chapter 10. The World in the Text: Indexed and Created
- Chapter 11. The Writer on the Spot and on the Line.