University management, the academic profession and neoliberalism /
A unique examination of how faculty and university administrators understand their work and professional identities under neoliberalism.This book examines tensions and challenges in the professional lives and identities of contemporary academics. Drawing on extensive interviews conducted over seven...
|Main Authors:||, ,|
- Introduction: The Management of the Academic Profession
- Full-time Tenure Track Faculty: Academic Professional Identity and Managerialism
- Non-Tenure Track Faculty: Professionals with Commitment and Self-Worth in an Exploitative Environment
- Department Chairs: Dual Roles, Dual Identities
- Academic Deans: Double Agents of Two Institutional Logics and Two Institutional Domains
- Higher Education Management in the U.S. University.