Re-reading the eighteenth-century novel : studies in reception /
"Re-Reading the Eighteenth-Century Novel adds to the dynamically developing subfield of reception studies within eighteenth-century studies. Lipski shows how secondary visual and literary texts live their own lives in new contexts, while being also attentive to the possible ways in which these...
New York :
Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group,
|Series:||Routledge focus on literature.
- Part I. Visual Transvaluation. Re-Visioning Robinson's Island: Thomas Stothard's Rousseavian Crusoe
- Philip Hames de Loutherberg's "Gothic": Tom Jones
- Part II. Reception in Poland. The Early Reception of Robinson Crusoe in Poland
- Izabela Czartoryska (1746-1835) as Reader and Promoter of Sterne
- Part III. Critical Afterlives. Sterne's A Sentimental Journey and Contemporary Travel Writing Studies
- Coda: The Eighteenth-Century Novel in the Age of Trump: Critical Revisions and Popular Appropriations.