Postcards : the rise and fall of the world's first social network /
A global exploration of postcards as artifacts at the intersection of history, science, technology, art, and culture. Postcards are usually associated with banal holiday pleasantries, but they are made possible by sophisticated industries and institutions, from printers to postal services. When they...
- Introduction: Invention and Reinvention
- Signed, Stamped, and Delivered
- The Means of Mass Production
- Publicity and Propaganda
- Having a Wonderful Time, Wish You Were Here
- Postcards from Countries That No Longer Exist
- Conclusion: The Afterlives of Postcards.