Worlds apart : a documentary history of US-Iranian relations, 1978-2018 /
A relationship beset with extraordinary acrimony, the US and Iran rarely see eye-to-eye, if only to avoid war or nuclear catastrophe. What is at the core of this troubled rivalry that has stymied policymakers and scholars alike? Using a carefully selected collection of White House, CIA, State Depart...
Cambridge University Press,
- How to read a declassified document
- Chronology of events
- Blindsided : confronting the Revolution and the Hostage Crisis, 1977-1981
- Turmoil in the Gulf
- the Iran-Iraq War and the spread of radical Islam, 1980-1989
- Leaps of faith : from containment to dialogue, 1990-2000
- Missed opportunities : from 9/11 to Iraq to the nuclear impasse, 2001-2008
- Breakthrough : long road to a short-lived deal, 2009-2016
- Epilogue: D�ej�a vu after four decades, 2017-2018.