Between two worlds of father politics USA or Sweden? / Michael Rush.
The essential message of the 'two regimes' model is that the social politics of fatherhood have taken on a global significance and that the USA and Sweden represent two ends on an international continuum of ways of understanding fatherhood. The book represents America and Sweden as diverge...
Baltimore, Maryland :
|Series:||Book collections on Project MUSE.
|Online Access:||Full text available: |
- 1. Welfare, gender and fatherhood
- 2. The American model : state-enforced agency
- 3. The Swedish model : state-supported agency
- 4. The United Kingdom : full-time breadwinners and part-time fathers
- 5. Ireland : 'vulnerable fathers', invisible fatherhood
- 6. Fatherhood and the European Union
- 7. Crystallising the 'Nordic turn' in Japan and patriarchal decline in China
- 8. Individualisation and two varieties of patriarchy and fatherhood.