Supporting gender identity and sexual orientation diversity in K-12 schools / edited by Megan C. Lytle and Richard A. Sprott.
"This book reviews timely, pragmatic interventions and strategies to support LGBTQ students in K12 schools. Where formal programs affirming diversity of gender expression and sexual orientation are not yet in place, contributors provide insights and practical tips for creating a positive, safe...
Washington, DC :
American Psychological Association,
|Series:||Perspectives on sexual orientation and gender diversity series.
- Introduction: Moving from research to policy and school interventions / Megan C. Lytle and Richard A. Sprott
- Resolving to fix social injustices for gender and sexually diverse youth : starting points / Megan C. Lytle and Richard A. Sprott
- Advancing gender and sexually diverse students' civil rights : leadership efforts by Los Angeles unified school district / Judy Chiasson
- Supporting gender and sexually diverse students in socially conservative school communities / Emily S. Meadows and Jeremy D. Shain
- Evolving strategies to counter school bullying of gender and sexually diverse students / Peter S. Theodore and Judy Chiasson
- Providing inclusive strategies for practitioners and researchers working with gender and sexually diverse youth without parental/guardian consent / Sarah Kiperman, Gabriel DeLong, Kris Varjas, and Joel Meyers
- Using a systems approach to creating equitable educational environments for gender and sexually diverse families / Julie C. Herbstrith
- Meeting a need : the Respect Workshop : competency training for school health and mental health professionals serving gender and sexually diverse students / Sam E. Greenberg, Jana E. Sharp, and Clinton W. Anderson
- Addressing gender and sexual orientation diversity within youth populations : an evaluation of health disparities and recommendations on affirmative school policy / Amie R. McKibban and Austin R. Anderson
- Walking the walk : progress in translation and implementation, and an agenda going forward / Richard A. Sprott and Megan C. Lytle
- Appendix, Resources
- About the editors.