The truth society : science, disinformation, and politics in Berlusconi's Italy / Noelle Molé Liston.
"This book seeks to understand how the late-twentieth-century era of Italian political spectacle, which regularly blurred fact and fiction, has shaped how people understand truth, particularly mass mediated information, and in turn, scientific knowledge and forms of governance"--
Ithaca [New York] :
Cornell University Press,
- Introduction : The Disinformation Society
- Manifest Disguise and The Rise of Mediatized Politics
- The Soldiers of Rationality
- The Rise of Algorithm Populism
- The Trial Against Disinformation
- Scientific Anesthetization in the Anthropocene
- Conclusion : The Mirrored Window Society : Customized Data and Democratic Futures.