Animals as domesticates : a world view through history / Juliet Clutton-Brock.
"Drawing on the latest research in archaeozoology, archaeology, and molecular biology, Animals as Domesticates traces the history of the domestication of animals around the world. From the llamas of South America and the turkeys of North America, to the cattle of India and the Australian dingo,...
East Lansing :
Michigan State University Press,
- Eurasia after the ice
- Settlement and domestication in Eurasia
- Arrival of domesticates in Europe
- Domesticates in ancient Egypt and their origins
- Domesticates of the ancient Israelites, Assyrians, and Scythians
- Domesticates in the classical world of Greece and Rome
- Domesticates in ancient India and Southeast Asia
- Domesticates in Oceania
- Domesticates in Africa south of the Sahara
- Domesticates in the Americas
- Appendix : Nomenclature of the domestic animals and their wild progenitors.