Israel's dead soul / Steven Salaita.
In his courageous book, Israel's Dead Soul, Steven Salaita explores the failures of Zionism as a political and ethical discourse. He argues that endowing nation-states with souls is a dangerous phenomenon because it privileges institutions and corporations rather than human beings.
Temple University Press,
- Israel as cultural icon: the vacillating boundaries of Jewish identity
- Is the Anti-Defamation League a hate group?
- Ethnonationalism as an object of multicultural decorum: the case of Cornel West and Michael Eric Dyson
- Sexuality, violence, and modernity in Israel: the paradise of not being Arab
- The heart of darkness redux, again
- Epilogue: a eulogy to Israel's dead soul.