Fashion media : past and present / edited by Djurdja Bartlett, Shaun Cole and Agnès Rocamora.
"The fashion media is in the midst of deep social and technological change. Including a broad range of case studies, from fashion plates to fashion films, and from fashion magazines to fashion blogs, this ground-breaking book provides an up-to-date examination of the role and significance of th...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
London ; New York :
- Section 1. Magazines. Taste, fashion and the French fashion magazine / Sanda Miller
- Fun with pins and rope: how Caroline Baker styled the 1970s / Alice Beard
- 'To the ends of the earth': fashion and ethnicity in the Vogue fashion shoot / Sarah Cheang
- Coco Chanel and socialist fashion magazines / Djurdja Bartlett
- Advertising men's underwear / Shaun Cole
- Section 2. Painting, photography and film. Fashion and the law: the Muslim headscarf and the modern woman / Barbara Vinken
- Fashion, media and gender in Christian Schad's portraiture of the 1920s / Änne Söll
- Caught on camera: the fashioned body and the criminal body / Nilgin Yusuf
- Guerrilla media: towards a media theory of fashion / Friedrich Weltzien
- The fashion film effect / Marketa Uhlirova
- Section 3. New media. Fashion modelling, blink technologies and new imaging regimes / Elizabeth Wissinger
- Fashion films, blogs and e-commerce: the puzzle of fashion distinction in China / Simona Segre Reinach
- How new are new media? The case of fashion blogs / Agnès Rocamora
- The modest fashion blogosphere: establishing reputation, maintaining independence / Reina Lewis
- Fashion's digital body: seeing and feeling in fashion interactives / Eugenie Shinkle
- Current issues in the fashion media: industry roundtable.