Bashō's haiku : selected poems by Matsuo Bashō / translated by annotated, and with an introduction by David Landis Barnhill.
"Basho's Haiku offers the most comprehensive translation yet of the poetry of Japanese writer Matsuo Basho (1644-1694), who is credited with perfecting and popularizing the haiku form of poetry. One of the most widely read Japanese writers, both within his own country and worldwide, Basho...
State University of New York Press,
- Selected chronology of the life of Matsuo Bashō
- Introduction: The Haiku poetry of Matsuo Bashō
- Translation of the Hokku
- Major nature images in Bashō Hokku
- Index to Bashō Hokku in translation
- Index to Bashō Hokku in Japanese
- Index of names.