The ivory tower and Harry Potter : perspectives on a literary phenomenon / Lana A. Whited, editor.
Publisher description: Now available in paper, The Ivory Tower and Harry Pottter is the first book-length analysis of J.K. Rowling's work from a broad range of perspectives within literature, folklore, psychology, sociology, and popular culture. A significant portion of the book explores the Ha...
University of Missouri Press,
- Harry's cousins in the magical realm.
- Harry Potter and the secret password : finding our way in the magical genre /
- Amanda Cockrell
- The education of a wizard : Harry Potter and his predecessors /
- Pat Pinsent
- Harry's roots in epic, myth, and folklore.
- In medias res : Harry Potter as hero-in-progress /
- Mary Pharr
- Of magicals and muggles : reversals and revulsions at Hogwarts /
- Jann Lacoss
- Harry Potter : fairy tale prince, real boy, and archetypal hero /
- M. Katherine Grimes
- Harry's other literary relatives.
- Harry Potter and the extraordinariness of the ordinary /
- Roni Natov
- Harry Potter, Tom Brown, and the British school story : lost in transit? /
- David K. Steege
- Greater than gold in Gringotts : questions of authority and values.
- Crowning the king : Harry Potter and the construction of authority /
- Farah Mendlesohn
- What would Harry do? J.K. Rowling and Lawrence Kohlberg's theories of moral development /
- Lana A. Whited,
- M. Katherine Grimes
- Gender issues and Harry Potter. Hermione Granger and the heritage of gender /
- Eliza T. Dresang
- Locating Harry Potter in the "boys' book" market /
- Terri Doughty
- Harry's language : taking issue with words.
- You say "jelly," I say "jell-o"? Harry Potter and the transfiguration of language /
- Philip Nel
- Harry Potter and the tower of Babel : translating the magic /
- Nancy K. Jentsch
- Commodity and culture in the world of Harry Potter.
- Specters of Thatcherism : contemporary British culture in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series /
- Karin E. Westman
- Harry Potter and the technology of magic /
- Elizabeth Teare
- Apprentice wizards welcome : fan communities and the culture of Harry Potter /
- Rebecca Sutherland Borah.