Revolutionaries and reformers : contemporary Islamist movements in the Middle East / edited by Barry Rubin.
Annotation Islamist movements seeking power today are faced with difficult choices regarding strategy, ranging from armed struggle to electoral efforts. An emerging alternative consists of a rethinking of Islamist politics, where the goal of a "totally Islamic" polity would be abandoned in...
Albany, NY :
State University of New York Press,
- Why radical Muslims aren't taking over governments /
- Emmanuel Sivan
- Radical Islam in Egypt : a comparison of two groups /
- David Zeidan
- The development of Palestinian Islamic groups /
- Reuven Paz
- Radical Islamist movements in Turkey /
- Ely Karmon
- Islamism and the state in North Africa /
- Bruce Maddy-Weitzman and Meir Litvak
- Hizballah : between armed struggle and domestic politics /
- Eyal Zisser
- Balancing state and society : the Islamic movement in Kuwait /
- Shafeeq N. Ghabra
- The rise of the last Islamist movement in Turkey /
- Nilufer Narli.
- Fethullah Gulen and his liberal 'Turkish Islam' movement /
- Bulent Aras and Omer Caha
- Islam and democracy /
- Ali R. Abootalebi
- Mediating Middle East conflicts : an alternative approach /
- Geore E. Irani
- Liberal Islam : prospects and challenges /
- Charles Kurzman
- Inside the Islamic reformation /
- Dale F. Eickelman
- Islamist movements in the Middle East : a survey and balance sheet /
- Barry Rubin.