Domain conditions in social choice theory / Wulf Gaertner.
"Wulf Gaertner provides a comprehensive account of an important and complex issue within social choice theory: how to establish a social welfare function while restricting the spectrum of individual preferences in a sensible way. Gaertner's starting point is K.J. Arrow's famous '...
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
- Notation, definitions, and two fundamental theorems
- The existence of collective choice rules under exclusion conditions for finite sets of discrete alternatives
- Arrovian social welfare functions, nonmanipulable voting procedures and stable group decision functions
- Restrictions on the distribution of individuals' preferences
- The existence of social choice rules in n-dimensional continuous space
- Concluding remarks.