The Myth of the Independent voter / Bruce E. Keith [and others].
University of California Press,
Table of Contents:
- 1. Partisanship and Independence
- 2. Partisan Shifts among Blacks and Southerners
- 3. The Civic Virtue of Partisans and Independents
- 4. How Independents Vote
- 5. Partisans or Independents?
- 6. Age, Education, and Dealignment
- 7. Issues and Dealignment
- 8. Alienation and Independence
- 9. Alternatives
- 10. Conclusions
- Appendix: Items in the National Election Studies Alienation Indexes.