Peer power : preadolescent culture and identity / Patricia A. Adler, Peter Adler.
Peer Power explodes existing myths about children's friendships, power, and popularity, and the gender chasm between elementary school boys and girls. Based on eight years of intensive insider participant observation in their own children's community, the authors discuss the vital componen...
New Brunswick, N.J. :
Rutgers University Press,
- Clique dynamics
- Clique stratification
- After-school activities
- Friendships: close and casual
- Friendships: compartmentalized
- Cross-gender relations: the early and middle years
- Cross-gender relations: the later years
- Bringing it all together.