Following Djuna : women lovers and the erotics of loss / Carolyn Allen.
Following Djuna reads contemporary novelists in the tradition of Djuna Barnes, arguing for the importance of women's fiction in understanding women's erotics - emotional and sexual exchanges between women. Barnes's Nightwood, with its experimental form and passionate language, has mad...
Indiana University Press,
|Series:||Theories of representation and difference.
- Introduction: Djuna Barnes and Bertha Harris
- Reading Erotics/Following Djuna
- pt. 1. Djuna Barnes: The Erotics of Nurture. 1. Nightwood: Gender, Narcissism, and the Erotic Maternal in the Narrative of Nora Flood. 2. Writing toward Nightwood: Seduction in the "Little Girl" Stories
- pt. 2. Jeanette Winterson: The Erotics of Risk
- pt. 3. Rebecca Brown: The Erotics of Excess and the Difficulties of Difference.