Pedagogies of difference : rethinking education for social change / edited by Peter Pericles Trifonas.
Peter Pericles Trifonas has assembled internationally acclaimed theorists and educational practitioners whose essays explore various constructions, representations, and uses of difference in educational contexts. These essays strive to bridge competing discourses of difference--for instance, feminis...
New York ; London :
- 1. Toward a decolonizing pedagogy : social justice reconsidered / Carlos Tejeda, Manuel Espinoza, Kris Gutierrez
- 2. Challenging the construction of difference as deficit : where are identity, intellect, imagination, and power in the new regime of truth? / Jim Cummins
- 3. Derrida, pedagogy, and the calculation of the subject / Michael Peters
- 4. Pedagogies of difference, race, and representation : film as a site of translation and politics / Henry A. Giroux
- 5. Discomforting truths : the emotional terrain of understanding difference / Megan Boler and Michalinos Zembylas
- 6. The struggle for happiness : commodified black masculinities, vernacular culture, and homoerotic desires / Rinaldo Walcott
- 7. Inside Noah's tent : the sodomitical genesis of race in the Christian imagination / William F. Pinar
- 8. Queer pedagogies : camping up the difference / Marla Morris
- 9. Toward an integrative approach to equity in education / Roxana Ng
- 10. Toward a deconstructive pedagogy of Diffřance / Peter Pericles Trifonas.