Europeanizing social democracy? : the rise of the Party of European Socialists / Simon Lightfoot.
Presenting a detailed explanation of party politics in the European Union, this new book uses the Party of European Socialists (PES) as a key case study, and tests the relevance of existing theoretical work on the meaning, significance, and prospects for realising other 'Europarties'. This...
Abingdon, Oxfordshire ; New York :
|Series:||Routledge advances in European politics ;
- Theoretical perspectives : how to understand Europarties
- Historical context : from the First International to the PES
- The social democratic policy area : PES employment policy
- The PES and the development of socialist environment policy
- A success story? : PES influence over the outcomes of the Treaty of Amsterdam
- PES influence on the EU agenda since Amsterdam.