Defending life : a moral and legal case against abortion choice / Francis J. Beckwith.
Defending Life, first published in 2007, is arguably the most comprehensive defense of the pro-life position on abortion - morally, legally, and politically - that has ever been published in an academic monograph. It offers a detailed and critical analysis of Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Ca...
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
- Abortion and moral argument
- The Supreme Court, Roe v. Wade, and abortion law
- Abortion, liberalism, and state neutrality
- Science, the unborn, and abortion methods
- Popular arguments : pity, tolerance, and ad hominem
- The nature of humanness and whether the unborn is a moral subject
- Does it really matter whether the unborn is a moral subject? : the case from bodily rights
- Cloning, bioethics, and reproductive liberty
- Conclusion : a case for human inclusiveness.