Separate destinations : migration, immigration, and the politics of places / James G. Gimpel.
Shows the effect on elections of the different settlement patterns of immigrants and native migrants in the United States.
Ann Arbor, Mich. :
University of Michigan Press,
|Series:||Book collections on Project MUSE.
UPCC book collections on Project MUSE. Archive Political Science and Policy Studies Foundation.
- Population mobility and political change in the American electorate
- California: diversity at a distance
- Colorado: national crossroads
- Kansas: high growth islands in the sea of decline
- Kentucky: biracial balkanization
- Florida: segregated heterogeneity
- Pennsylvania: deindustrialization and division
- New York: the clustered masses
- Population mobility and ethnic division in the American electorate.