North Atlantic maritime cultures : anthropological essays on changing adaptations / editor, Raoul Andersen.
The Hague ; New York :
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : North Atlantic maritime peoples in transition / Raoul Andersen
- Socioeconomic change in the Faroes / Anthony Jackson
- "Modernization" on the North Atlantic Coast : the transformation of a traditional Newfoundland fishing village / Gerald Britan
- Marine ecotypes in preindustrial Sweden : a comparative discussion of Swedish peasant fishermen / Orvar Löfgren
- Development of local and regional forms of political organization on the Gulf of St. Lawrence / Paul Charest
- Adaptation to changes in technology and government policy : a Newfoundland example (Cat Harbour) / Ellen Antler and James Faris
- "Fish is scarce" : fisheries modernization on Fogo Island, Newfoundland / Bonnie J. McCay
- Labor recruitment and the family crew in Newfoundland / Geoffrey Stiles
- Innovative enterprise and social change : a case study of resource control and social transactions in a Quebec maritime community / William H. Heaney
- Work together, eat together : conflict and conflict management in a Portuguese fishing village / Twig Johnson
- Variations in traditional inshore fishing rights in Maine lobstering communities / James M. Acheson
- Play by the rules or don't play at all : space division and resource allocation in a rural Newfoundland fishing community / Kent O. Martin
- Public and private access management in Newfoundland fishing / Raoul Andersen.