Maritime adaptations of the Pacific / editor Richard W. Casteel, George I. Quimby.
The Hague : Chicago :
Mouton ; Distributed by Aldine,
Table of Contents:
- The effects of social change on marine technology in a Pacific atoll community / James D. Nason
- Some studies of the influences of prehistoric human predation on marine animal population dynamics / Wilfred Shawcross
- Problems of the origin of ancient sea hunters' cultures in the Northern Pacific / R.S. Vasilievsky
- Cultural and social change in the modes of ownership of stone tidal weird / Asahitaro Nishimura
- Early maritime cultural orientations in prehistoric Chile / D.L. True
- Fishing effort in the aboriginal fishers of the Santa Barbara region, California : an ethnohistorical appraisal / Leif C.W. Landberg
- Technological continuity and change within a persistent maritime adaptation : Kodiak Island, Alaska / Donald W. Clark
- On the distribution of Kuskowagamuit fishcamps : a study in the ecology of adaptive radiation / Darryl M. Maddox
- Traditional and contemporary fishing cultures on the Soviet Pacific coast / Ch. M. Taksami
- Chinese fishermen in Hong Kong and in Malaysia / E.N. Anderson, Jr.
- Prehistoric fauna and economy in the Solomon Islands / C.L. Cram
- The risks of dietary change : a Pacific atoll example / Nancy J. Pollock
- Marine fishing in archaeological perspective : techniques for determining fishing strategies / Peter J.F. Coutts.