Politics in the parish : the political influence of Catholic priests / Gregory Allen Smith.
For well over a century the Catholic Church has articulated clear positions on many issues of public concern, particularly economics, capital punishment, foreign affairs, sexual morality, and abortion. Yet the fact that some of the Church's positions do not mesh well with the platforms of eithe...
Washington, D.C. :
Georgetown University Press,
|Series:||Religion and politics series (Georgetown University)
- A theory of priestly influence
- An initial look at priestly influence
- Priestly politics in 2004
- Priestly politics confirmed
- The influence of priests on parishoners' politics in 2004
- Appendix A: Pastor interviews
- Appendix B: Analysis of bulletins
- Appendix C: 2004 survey of priests
- Appendix D: Background on 2004 survey of parishoners
- Appendix E: 2004 survey of parishoners.