The rise of Southern Republicans / Earl Black, Merle Black.
The transformation of Southern politics over the past fifty years has been one of the most significant developments in American political life. The emergence of formidable Republican strength in the previously solid Democratic South has generated a novel and highly competitive national battle for co...
Cambridge, Mass. :
Belknap Press of Harvard University Press,
|Edition:||1st Harvard University Press pbk. ed.|
- The southern transformation
- Confronting the democratic juggernaut
- The promising peripheral south
- The impenetrable deep south
- The democratic smother
- The democratic domination
- Reagan's realignment of white southerners
- A new party system in the south
- The peripheral south breakthrough
- The deep south challenge
- The republican surge
- Competitive south, competitive America.