Dinosaurs : a concise natural history / David E. Fastovsky and David B. Weishampel ; with illustrations by John Sibbick.
"From the authors of The Evolution and Extinction of the Dinosaurs comes an introduction to the study of dinosaurs for non-specialists designed to excite readers about science by using dinosaurs to illustrate and discuss geology, natural history and evolution. While focusing on dinosaurs it als...
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
- To catch a dinosaur
- Dinosaur days
- Who's related to whom
- and how do we know?
- Who are the dinosaurs?
- Thyreophorans : the armor-bearers
- Marginocephalia : bumps, bosses, and beaks
- Ornithopoda : the tuskers, antelopes, and "mighty ducks" of the Mesozoic
- Sauropodomorpha : the big, the bizarre, and the majestic
- Theropoda I : nature red in tooth and claw
- Theropoda II : the origin of birds
- Theropoda III : early birds
- Dinosaur thermoregulation : some like it hot
- The flowering of the Mesozoic
- A history of paleontology through ideas
- The Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction : the frill is gone.