The stay-at-home dad handbook / Peter Baylies with Jessica Toonkel.
A comprehensive handbook designed for and by a stay-at-home dad that addresses many of the issues that fathers face when they become primary caregivers.
Chicago, Ill. :
Chicago Review Press,
- Starting your new career. Making the decision. The first days. Losing your status as breadwinner. Isolation creeps in. Finding other dads. Establishing a routine. Getting in with the moms. Mr. Mom. And then there were two. Spotlight on dad : Dan Dunsmore, Charlottesville, Virginia
- At-home dads and marriage : when the rush hour starts at home. Hell hour. Creating a game plan. At-home dad contract. Teamwork. Simplifying dinnertime. Bedtime routine. A message for the moms. Loss of intimacy. Jealous at home versus guilty at work. Discipline. Spotlight on dad : David Bulley, Montague, Massachusetts
- Making a new connections. Playgroups. Starting your own playgroup. The first meetings. Hanging out with the moms. Play dates. Connecting with the internet. Online message boards. Other suggestions to help you connect. Spotlight on dad : Curtis Cooper, Shawnee, Kansas
- Living on one income. Changing your state of mind. Adding on to the savings at home. Kid fun : free activities that will save you money, and not skimp on the fun. Shopping at yard sales and on Ebay. Sweat equity : doing your own home repairs. Shopping for bargains. Spotlight on dad : William Dolan, Liverpool, New York
- Working at home : a juggling act. Weighing the pros and cons. Choosing the right job. Setting reasonable expectations. Daycare dads. Getting to work. Spotlight on dad : seven home-based businesses. At-home disc jockey daddy by Gerry Bradshaw. Teaching kids computers by Stephen House. Going, going
- gone! by Phil Isis. Escape from corporate America by John Slevens. Web design by Hal Levy. Breakfast in bed everyday? by Walt Chorle. Needed : rubber snakes and chickens, a profile of Mike Bigman by Peter Baylies
- Men who clean bathrooms and the women who love them. Living up to higher standard of cleaning. The wives point of view. Resolving your differences. Getting the kids to help. Childproofing. Setting a schedule. Cleaning tips from other dads. Spotlight on dad : why is it? by John Wise, Brunswick, Maine
- Avoiding at-home dad burnout. Watching for the signs. Getting out. Taking the kids. Avoiding burnout at home. Take it in stride. Spotlight on dad : field trips by David Epstein, West Hartford, Connecticut
- Is there life after kindergarten? What should i do now? When you stay at home. Returning to work. Spotlight on dad : driving away by Mark David Schaefer, Los Angeles, California. From the frontlines of fatherhood : more dads in the spotlight. Moving to the multi-child family by David Epstein of West Hartford, Connecticut. The best father's day gift of all by John C. O'Brien, from Scituate, Massachusetts. Okee dokee smokey pokey lokee by John Wise, Brunswick, Maine. A six pack for dad, an interview of Keith Dilley by Peter Baylies, Indianapolis, Indiana. Adjusting to the instant family by Chris Montano, Lake Forest, California. Deep in the women's gene pool by Scott Bokun, Lexington, Massachusetts. The stay-at-home dad blues by Charlie Leckenby, Denver, Colorado. Faxy lady by Ed Griffin-Nolan, Manlius, New York. A day in the life
- by Peter Baylies.