Symbols and legitimacy in Soviet politics / Graeme Gill.
"Symbols and legitimacy in Soviet politics analyses the way in which Soviet symbolism and ritual changed from the regime's birth in 1917 to its fall in 1991. Graeme Gill focuses on the symbolism in party policy and leaders' speeches, artwork and political posters, urban redevelopment,...
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
- Ideology, metanarrative, and myth
- Formation of the metanarrative, 1917-1929
- The Stalinist culture, 1929-1953
- An everyday vision, 1953-1985
- The vision implodes, 1985-1991
- Impact of the metanarrative.