Impossible dance : club culture and queer world-making / Fiona Buckland.
An ethnographic account of gay, lesbian and queer club culture in the 1990s New York City.
Middletown, Conn. :
Wesleyan University Press,
|Series:||UPCC book collections on Project MUSE.
Table of Contents:
- The theater of queer world-making
- The currency of fabulousness : fashioning the self, fashioning the lifeworld
- Slaves to the rhythm? Using music, space, dance, and the ideas of the body
- The order of play : choreographing queer politics
- Only when I lose myself in someone else : desire, mimesis, and transcendence
- Closer : crackdown, community, and the physicality of queerness
- Mr. Mesa's ticket : memory and dance at the body positive T-dance.