Investigating interdisciplinary collaboration : theory and practice across disciplines / edited by Scott Frickel, Mathieu Albert, and Barbara Prainsack ; foreword by Helga Nowotny.
Universities in North America and Europe increasingly provide financial incentives to encourage collaboration between faculty in different disciplines, based on the premise that this yields more innovative and sophisticated research. Drawing from a wealth of empirical data, the contributors to Inves...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
New Brunswick, New Jersey :
Rutgers University Press,
- Introduction : Investigating Interdisciplinarities / Scott Frickel, Mathieu Albert, and Barbara Prainsack
- New Directions, New Challenges : Trials and Tribulations of Interdisciplinary Research / Dave McBee and Erin Leahey
- The Frictions of Interdisciplinarity : The Case of the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery / Gregory J. Downey, Noah Weeth Feinstein, Daniel Lee Kleinman, Sigrid Peterson, and Chisato Fukuda
- Epistemic Cultures of Collaboration : Coherence and Ambiguity in Interdisciplinarity / Laurel Smith-Doerr, Jennifer Croissant, Itai Vardi, and Timothy Sacco
- Interdisciplinary Fantasy : Social Scientists and Humanities Scholars Working in Faculties of Medicine / Mathieu Albert, Elise Paradis, and Ayelet Kuper
- Some Dark Sides of Interdisciplinarity : The Case of Behavior Genetics / Aaron Panofsky
- A Dynamic, Multidimensional Approach to Knowledge Production / Ryan Light and Jimi Adams
- Disciplinary and Interdisciplinary Change in Six Social Sciences : A Longitudinal Comparison / Scott Frickel and Ali O. Ilhan
- "An Electro-Historical Focus with Real Interdisciplinary Appeal" : Interdisciplinarity at Vietnam-Era Stanford / Cyrus C.M. Mody
- Interdisciplinarity Reloaded? : Drawing Lessons from "Citizen Science" / Barbara Prainsack and Hauke Riesch
- One Medicine? : Advocating (Inter)Disciplinarity at the Interfaces of Animal Health, Human Health, and the Environment / Angela Cassidy.