Island of the blue dolphins : the complete reader's edition / Scott O'Dell ; edited by Sara L. Schwebel.
"This is the first authoritative edition of one of the most significant children's books of the twentieth century. Winner of the 1961 Newbery Medal, Island of the Blue Dolphins tells the story of a young Native American girl stranded for eighteen years on San Nicolas Island, off the coast...
Oakland, California :
University of California Press,
|Edition:||[Complete reader's edition].|
- Composition of Island of the blue dolphins
- The geography of Karana's island
- Text of the first edition of Island of the blue dolphins
- Chapters excised from Island of the blue dolphins drafts
- Archaeology, Island of the blue dolphins, and the lone woman of San Nicolas Island / René L. Vellanoweth
- A counterstory of Native American resistance / Carole Goldberg.