A sisterhood of sculptors : American artists in nineteenth-century Rome / Melissa Dabakis.
"Explores mid-nineteenth-century American women sculptors who developed successful professional careers in Rome. Draws from feminist theory, cultural geography, and expatriate and postcolonial studies to investigate the gendered nature of creativity and expatriation"--Provided by publisher...
University Park, Pennsylvania :
The Pennsylvania State University Press,
- The Boston-Rome nexus
- Neoclassicism in cosmopolitan Rome
- "A woman artist is an object of peculiar odium"
- Rome in the colonial imagination
- Reimagining Italy
- Antislavery sermons in stone
- Women sculptors, suffrage, and the public stage.