Contemporary middle class in Latin America : a study of San Felipe / Omar Pereyra.
This book is about the transformation of the contemporary Peruvian middle class. Scholars interested in Latin American stratification and urbanization will find this book informative about two oft neglected, but highly relevant, topics in the region: the middle classes and the formal area of the cit...
- Introduction: approaching the Latin American middle-class
- San Felipe and the transformation of the social and urban space
- Trajectories : sanfelipanos merge in place
- Boundaries : sanfelipanos evaluate their neighbors
- Controlling common space : making local power work
- Conclusions: Groups, classes and generations
- Appendix 1: A note on reflexivity in this research
- Appendix 2: Occupations of interviewees in this research
- Appendix 3: Glossary of spanish terms
- About the author.