Wicked Ladies : Provincial Women, Crime and the Eighteenth-Century English Justice System.
In recent years, much has been published on women, crime and justice in English history. However, for a variety of reasons, particularly the ready availability of source material for the capital, such research has tended to have an overwhelmingly Metropolitan focus. This book aims to redress the bal...
Newcastle upon Tyne :
Cambridge Scholars Publishing,
- Acknowledgements; chapter one
- introduction; chapter two
- prosecution and punishment; chapter three
- homicide and assault; chapter four
- infanticide and abortion; chapter five
- property crime; chapter six
- arson and coining; chapter seven
- general conclusion; bibliography; index.