The west wing / Janet McCabe.
Wayne State University Press,
|Series:||Contemporary approaches to film and television series. TV milestones.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: politics of quality U.S. tv: all the president's men and a few good women
- Politics of quality primetime tv: network politics and broadcasting context
- Politics of storytelling and the tv auteur: authorship, performance, and narrative
- Politics of the televisual form: aesthetics and sounds of power
- "Modern history is another name for television": representing historical relevancy and cultural memory
- Conclusion: "we had it good there for a while": The west wing legacy.