Political election debates : informing voters about policy and character / William L. Benoit.
This book presents theory and research on debates involving political leaders and candidates. Election debates in the U.S. (presidential primary, presidential general, vice presidential, senate, gubernatorial, and mayoral debates) and around the world (e.g., Germany, Israel, UK, South Korea, Taiwan,...
- Theory and method : Functional theory of political campaign discourse
- American presidential campaign debates
- American non-presidential and world political campaign debates
- Incumbency in political campaign debates
- Campaign phase in political campaign debates
- News coverage of political campaign debates
- Issue ownership, functional federalism and retrospective versus prospective voting in American political campaign debates.