Schooling and the struggle for public life : democracy's promise and education's challenge / Henry A. Giroux.
"This book examines the relationship between democracy and schooling and argues that schools are one of the few spheres left where youth can learn the knowledge and skills necessary to become engaged, critical citizens. Now only is the legacy of democracy addressed through the work of John Dewe...
Boulder, Colo. :
|Edition:||Updated ed., [2nd ed.].|
|Series:||Cultural politics & the promise of democracy.
- Introduction: Democracy's Promise and Education's Challenge
- Schooling, Citizenship, and the Struggle for Democracy
- Schooling and the Politics of Ethics: Beyond Conservative and Liberal Discourses
- Authority, Ethics, and the Politics of Schooling
- Schooling and the Politics of Student Voice
- Literacy, Critical Pedagogy, and Empowerment
- Teacher Education and Democratic Schooling
- Conclusion: Beyond the Politics of Anti-Utopianism in Education.