Migration and development : implications for ethnic identity and political conflict / editors, Helen I. Safa, Brian M. Du Toit.
The Hague : Chicago :
Mouton ; Distributed by Aldine,
Table of Contents:
- Los suizos : Galician migration to Switzerland / Hans C. Buechler and Judith-Maria Buechler
- Ethnicity as a factor in modern American Indian migration : a Winnebago case study with reference to other Indian situations / William H. Hodge
- West Indian ethnicity in Great Britain / Douglas K. Midgett
- Racial versus ethnic factors in Afro-American and Afro-Caribbean migration / Vera Green
- Ethnic differentiation among the Jews of Israel / Celia S. Heller
- Migration and West Indian racial and ethnic consciousness / Constance R. Sutton and Susan R. Makiesky
- Jungle Quechua ethnicity : an Ecuadorian case study / Norman E. Whitten, Jr.
- Comments / Constance R. Sutton
- Perceptions of class and social inequality among the Yoruba of western Nigeria / Peter C. Lloyd
- Plantation infrastructure and labor mobility in Guyana and Trinidad / Bonham C. Richardson
- The 'native reserves' (Bantustans) and the role of the migrant labor system in the political economy of South Africa / Bernard Magubane
- Labor migration in Papua New Guinea : primary school leavers in the towns : present and future significance / Richard Curtain
- Migration and ethnicity in sub-Saharan Africa : affinity, rural interests, and urban alignments / Josef Gugler
- Comments / Roy Simón Bryce-Laporte.