Relationship pathways : from adolescence to young adulthood / Brett Laursen, W. Andrew Collins, editors.
This book is designed to guide students through the latest developments of theory and research on relationships from adolescence to young adulthood. Unique to this text is a focus on relationship change across middle childhood into adolescence and across late adolescence into early adulthood. Expert...
Thousand Oaks :
- Part 1.
- Family relationships.
- Chapter 1.
- Transformations in close relationship networks: parent-child relationships and their social extensions /
- W. Andrew Collins, Jose Causadias, and K. Lee Raby
- Chapter 2.
- Transformations in parent-child relationships from adolescence to adulthood /
- Nancy Galambos and Lauren Kotylak
- Chapter 3.
- Transformation in sibling relationships from adolescence to adulthood /
- Lilly Shanahan, Evelyn Waite, and Timothy Boyd
- Part 2.
- Friendships and friend networks.
- Chapter 4.
- Transformations in friend relationships across the transition into adolescence /
- Chris Hafen, Brett Laursen, and Dawn DeLay
- Chapter 5.
- Transformations in friend relationships across the transition into adulthood /
- Chong Man Chow, Holly Roelse, Duane Buhrmester, and Marion K. Underwood
- Chapter 6.
- Adolescent friendship bonds in cultures of connectedness /
- Barry H. Schneider, Matthew Lee, and Ibis Alvarez Valdivia
- Chapter 7.
- Transformations in adolescent peer networks /
- René Veenstra and Jan Kornelis Dijkstra
- Part 3.
- Romantic relationships.
- Chapter 8.
- Transformations in heterosexual romantic relationships across the transition into adolescence /
- Inge Seiffge-Krenke and Shmuel Shulman
- Chapter 9.
- Transformations in heterosexual romantic relationships across the transition into adulthood: "Meet me at the Bleachers. I mean the bar" /
- Wyndol Furman and Jessica K. Winkles
- Chapter 10.
- The development of same-sex intimate relationships during adolescence /
- Stephen T. Russell, Ryan Watson, and Joel A. Muraco
- Part 4.
- Developmental pathways and processes.
- Chapter 11.
- Gene-environment interplay in adolescent relationships /
- Kirby Deater-Deckard and Zhe Wang
- Chapter 12.
- Interpersonal and intrapersonal processes in the development of adolescent relationships /
- Susan Branje, Loes Keijsers, Muriel van Doorn, and Wim Meeus
- Chapter 13.
- The role of gender in transformations in adolescent relationships /
- Amanda J. Rose, Rhiannon L. Smith, Gary C. Glick, and Rebecca A. Schwartz-Mette.