Linguistic foundations of narration in spoken and sign languages / edited by Annika Hübl, Markus Steinbach, University of Göttingen.
In recent years, the focus of linguistic research has shifted from sentence to larger units such as text and discourse and accordingly from syntax to semantics and pragmatics. This has led to the development and application of corresponding discourse semantic and pragmatic theories such as, for inst...
John Benjamins Publishing Company,
|Series:||Linguistik aktuell ;
- Approaching narration across modalities: topics, methods, perspectives / Annika Hübl and Markus Steinbach
- A new technique for analyzing narrative prosodic effects in SLs using motion capture technology / Ronnie B. Wilbur and Evie Malaia
- Language structure and principles of information organization: an analysis of retellings in Japanese, German, and L2 Japanese / Naoko Tomita
- Texts as answers to questions: Information structure and its grammatical underpinnings in narratives and descriptions in German and English (topic and anaphoric linkage) / Christiane von Stutterheim and Mary Carroll
- Discourse prominence and the selection of anaphora: evidence from pronouns in historical German / Svetlana Petrova
- A centering theoretic account for the changing usage of anaphoric expressions in the history of German / Augustin Speyer
- On the processing of free indirect discourse: first results and methodological challenges / Susanna Salem, Thomas Weskott and Anke Holler
- What is a narration: and why does it matter? / Sonja Zeman
- Reporting vs. pretending. Degrees of identification in role play and reported speech / Franziska Köder
- Ways of expressing action in multimodal narrations: the semiotic complexity of character viewpoint depictions / Jana Bressem, Silva H. Ladewig and Cornelia Müller
- Nominal referential values of semantic classifiers and role shift in signed narratives / Gemma Barberà and Josep Quer
- Between narrator and protagonist in fables of German Sign Language / Annika Herrmann and Nina-Kristin Pendzich.