Reading by Right : Successful Strategies to Ensure Every Child Can Read to Succeed.
This book focuses on the importance of reading for pleasure and the difference that it can make to a person's life chances, with a focus upon how libraries and librarians help reluctant and struggling readers.
- Title page; Contents; List of figures, boxes, case studies andappendices; Foreword by Chris Riddell; Contributors; Introduction; CHAPTER 1. Supporting every child to read
- Alexandra Strick and Wendy Cooling; CHAPTER 2. Listening to their voices: what research tells us about readers
- Teri S. Lesesne; CHAPTER 3. Becoming a reluctant reader
- Prue Goodwin; CHAPTER 4. Reading Club: a case study from Finland
- Mervi Heikkilä and Sara Tuisku; CHAPTER 5. Trained reading helpers: Beanstalk's magic ingredient
- Ginny Lunn and Hilary Mason.
- CHAPTER 6. Let all children experience the joy of reading: promoting children's reading in Korea
- Yeojoo LimCHAPTER 7. Reflecting readers: ensuring that no one is excluded
- Jake Hope; CHAPTER 8. Pulling in reluctant readers: strategies for school librarians
- Alison Brumwell; CHAPTER 9. Not just for the avid reader: inclusive Carnegie and Kate Greenaway shadowing
- Amy McKay and Joy Court; CHAPTER 10. Listen up! How audiobooks support literacy
- Rose Brock; CHAPTER 11. Reading the future
- Jake Hope; Index.