Winning hearts and votes : social services and the Islamist political advantage / Steven Brooke.
"Based on an investigation of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, the author shows how social services drive electoral support by affiliating the provider organization with the politically valuable traits of competence, compassion, and honesty"--
Ithaca [New York] :
Cornell University Press,
- Social services and political mobilization in nondemocratic regimes
- Middle class provision, reputation, and electoral success
- Rebuilding the Brotherhood brand
- Inside the Islamist advantage
- The political geography of Islamist social service provision
- Electing to serve
- Mohammed Morsi's machine
- The politics of social service provision.