Immigrants and electoral politics : nonprofit organizing in a time of demographic change / Heath Brown.
Heath Brown shows why nonprofit electoral participation has emerged in relationship to new threats to immigrants, on one hand, and immigrant integration into U.S. society during a time of demographic change, on the other. Immigrants across the United States tend to register and vote at low rates, th...
Cornell University Press,
- Introduction : political variety and electoral efficacy of immigrant non-profit organizations
- The precarious position of immigrants
- Foundations and funding
- You don't vote, you don't count
- A model of immigrant-serving engagement
- From mission to electoral strategy
- Choosing where to focus
- Conclusion : boldly representing immigrants in tough times.