American creative nonfiction editor, Jay Ellis, University of Colorado at Boulder.
This book provides an overview of a genre of genres called "creative nonfiction," but also takes a look at lyrical essays. This title begins by figuring out why readers of American literature in particular created "nonfiction" writing and also examines some lyric essayist work wh...
|Corporate Author:||Gale (Firm)|
|Other Authors:||Ellis, Jay, 1963-, eBook Academic Collection - North America.|
Ipswich, Massachusetts : Amenia, NY :
Salem Press ;
eBook Academic Collection - North America
- About this volume / Jay Ellis
- On American creative nonfiction / Jay Ellis
- American creative nonfiction : background and history / Kelly Clasen
- Critical reception of "a special kind of fiction" / Ross Griffin
- The lyric essay as non-nonfiction / Jay Ellis
- "Loops and spins" : autobiography, autofiction, and Tim O'Brien's serial selves / David Bahr
- Benjamin Franklin's middle way and the argumentative nature of autobiography / Peter Kratzke
- Gender and genre in Susan Fenimore Cooper's nature writing / Kelly Clasen
- "A canticle of my reaction" : socio-cultural criticism in Claude McKay's A long way from home / Christopher Allen Varlack
- "I'm fighting because you're down here" : small stories and big histories in Shelby Foote's The Civil War / Christopher Walsh
- Medical humanities and illness narratives / G. Thomas Couser
- The grand memoir : Temple Grandin and autism / Katherine Lashley
- Stories of the self in cinema : autobiography and the documentary image / Shira Segal
- One life transformed : Natalie Goldberg's writing, art, and religion / Beth Walker
- David Foster Wallace and the ethical potential of creative nonfiction / Brandon Benevento
- Choreographing time : Art Spiegelman's present, past(s) and the craft of creative nonfiction comics / David Bahr.